Friday, April 17, 2009

MRI

Well, I was a little nervous about getting my MRI done last week. Not because I was scared of what was to be found, just because I didn't know what to expect. For those of you whom have never had a breast MRI, it is quite a unique experience! The short of it is that you get naked, stick your boobs through what looks like some strange torture device (definately created by a man!) and lay as still as possible on your tummy while you go through a tube that is super noisy. It wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be, except staying still for 45 minutes did pose as a challenge. It's like when they tell you not to move, you naturally get an itch or have gas. Terrible!

Well, I should have known the results wouldn't be good when I left the imaging center and locked my keys in the car two hours away from home. In the mix of talking to insurance and the locksmith, Joshua happens to call. Seriously, does he have the best timing or what?!

Anyhow, the results from the MRI came back abnormal. Seems like all imaging of my breasts come back abnormal! Whatever though. I go in for more testing next week. Now that I know it is there, I swear I can feel it throughout the day! Not really though, it's just my mind. One of my friends understood and said that when she first got pregnant she swore she could feel the little grain of rice inside her. Same thing, oh the power of suggestion! I hadn't worried about it until everyone around me starts to worry. Worry is infectious. If no one said anything about it, I would have been just fine! I mean it looks benign, so what's the worry? It just seems like when I tell someone they automatically thing the worst; even my doctor! That's no good for my stress levels. Really this just solidifies and concretes my decision to have them removed. I hate waiting and being nervous about test results every few months; takes too much out of me. The more I go through, the less important the physical aesthetics become. I just want to be healthy and not have to battle this stress of wondering all the time.

1 comment:

Peyton Knippel said...

Despite the obvious seriousness of your blog, you're a really good write Tara! Thanks for being so open about something like this. The way your handling this whole thing is really impressive/admirable. I hope everything is going well with the kids and all the other stuff while Josh is gone. At least you have an iPhone to talk to him on ;)